现在线上人数 630人
2025.12.22 07:55
第叁部 第十一课: psycho , laid back
- 今天李华和 Michael 一起吃午饭的时候,聊起了李华的室友小陈。Michael 在谈话中教给李华两个年轻人常用的词:psycho 和 laid back。
- ………………………………………………………………………………
- Hey Li Hua. You look upset about something. What's up?
- 哎哟,还不是我那室友,她今天又找我麻烦,说什麼以后再也不许我做中国菜,因為她受不了厨房裡的油烟味。
- She said what? Your roommate is a psycho! She's crazy!
- 哎,你刚才说她是什麼?
- I called her a psycho. p-s-y-c-h-o.
- 嗯~,a psycho 是不是就我们中文裡常说的 「神经病」,对不对?
- That' right. Also, psycho was the name of a famous movie about a crazy person who killed people in a hotel.
- 哎~,我听说过,那部电影啊叫 「惊魂记」;不过,你说我室友是个 psycho,你该不是真以為她疯了吧?
- Well, I guess she isn't crazy. Usually we just call someone with strange behavior, and a bad unpredictable temper, a psycho.
- Bad, unpredictable temper,无缘无故乱发脾气..,哎呀,这简直说的就是我室友嘛。哎,Michael,你再给我举几个 psycho 的例子好不好?
- Well, my last boss was a real psycho. One time, I came to work one minute late, and he yelled at me in front of everyone.
- 真的啊? 他当着很多人的面前骂你啊。哎哟,这种人啊真是有毛病。哎,你可不可以再想想看,还有什麼 psycho 的例子呢?
- Well, ask any American, and they'll probably tell you about some famous serial killer, they are psychos.
- 哦~,psycho 也可以真的是指一个心理变态的杀人狂。
- That's right. We might call someone who kills people for no reason a psycho.
- 嗯,那这样听来,我那个室友倒没那麼严重啦,不过啊,我总得想办法和她好好相处,你说对不对啊, Michael ?
- Well, when is your apartment lease going to expire? You can always ditch your psycho roommate and find a new one.
- 哎,好主意啊,我们公寓的租约啊,嗯~还有两个月就到期了,到时候啊我就可以搬出去了。
- ………………………………………………………………………………
- Well, let's look at the roommate wanted ads in the paper.
- 你说来看看 「寻找室友」 的广告啊。嗯,让我来看看,这条广告说 Wanted: friendly, laid back female roommate to share a two bedroom apartment. Michael,这个 laid back 是什麼意思啊?
- Laid back, laid, l-a-i-d, back, b-a-c-k. Describes someone who does not get angry or excited easily. This person doesn't want a psycho roommate.
- 哦,laid back 是形容一个人个性随和,不会轻易地发脾气。疑?那你觉不觉得我脾气很好,很容易相处啊?
- Ah…, Well, I guess so. Usually you are laid back. But, not always...
- 嘿!你这是什麼意思啊,干嘛吞吞吐吐的,有话直说吧。
- Well, remember when you got angry at your roommate for breaking your bicycle and then blaming you?
- 我承认那一次我很生气,不过那是因為我室友先对我无理取闹啊。
- And you certainly weren't very laid back when she tricked you on April Fool's day.
- 就是啊,那一次也是因為她在愚人节捉弄我,才惹我发脾气的。
- Well and then your roommate.......
- 哎哟,够了够了,别再提我室友了啦,我每次生气都是被她害的。
- You're right, Li Hua. She's the problem, not you. You'd better find a new, laid back roommate.
- 对,我们赶快看广告吧。哎,你看啊,这个广告说:Asian girl, seeks female roommate for two bedroom apartment. Call Xiaoli Chen. 哎哟,我的天啊,这是我室友嘛。她居然在瞒着我开始登广告,真是把我气死了。
- ………………………………………………………………………………
- 今天李华学会两个新词,一个是: psycho,指的是「一个人行為反常、爱发脾气」;另一个是: laid back,就是「个性比较随和」的意思。