現在線上人數 154人
2024.05.04 20:33
第二部 第15課: 請重複跟讀 - 於留空之間可以順暢唸完為止‧
- The newspapers say there's a lot of monkey business going on at city hall,
- 有些報紙說,市政府裡有許多見不得人的事,...
- with officials getting money under the table from people who want the contract to build the new airport.
- 有的營造商為了從市政府獲得建造新機場的合同而偷偷地用錢賄賂市政府的官員。
- --------
- I think there's some kind of monkey business going on in that house across the street.
- 我看對馬路那個房子裡的人一定在進行一些不正當的勾當....
- People keep going in and out all day long; maybe they're selling drugs or something.
- 一天到晚老是有人進進出出,他們可能在販毒,或者是搞其他什麼鬼名堂!
- --------
- My friend Pete made a monkey out of me the other day.
- 那一天,我的朋友彼特真把我弄得像個傻瓜一樣....
- He told me the party Saturday night was formal, so I wore a suit and tie.
- 他告訴我星期六晚上的聚會是很正式的,所以我就穿上了西裝,戴上了領帶....
- But everybody else there was wearing a tee-shirt and blue jeans.
- 可是其他人都穿圓領衫和牛仔庫....
- It sure made me feel like a fool.
- 我真是覺得自己像是個傻瓜一樣。
- --------
- Tom made a monkey out of himself by jumping up and down and yelling...
- 湯姆簡直把自己弄得像個傻瓜蛋一樣,一個勁地上下亂跳,嘴裡還大聲叫嚷,...
- when his father wouldn't let him go to the movie.
- 只因為爸爸不讓他去看電影。
- --------