現在線上人數 228人
2024.04.26 16:49
第三部 第11課: 請重複跟讀 - 於留空之間可以順暢唸完為止‧
- When I saw my brother Joe, I didn't pull any punches --
- 當我見到我的哥哥喬伊的時候,我毫不保留地對他說...
- I told him to stop drinking and go out and find a job.
- 我告訴他不要再喝酒了,還是出去找個工作吧。
- --------
- I pulled no punches when I went to see the auto dealer who sold me such a lousy car.
- 那個汽車商賣給我的這輛汽車毛病太多了.我去看他的時候毫不客氣地對他說,...
- I told him he ought to be ashamed to charge so much for a car that had so many things wrong with it.
- 我告訴他說:賣這麼爛的車給我還收我那麼多的錢,你自己應該感到害臊....
- No, he didn't give me my money back, but I sure felt better afterwards.
- 雖然他並沒有把錢還給我,可是,說了這些話我感到痛快多了。
- --------|
- I tell you I know for certain that Lisa will be promoted to manager.
- 我告訴你,我知道莉莎肯定會被提升為經理的....
- The boss told me himself, so it's straight from the horse's mouth!
- 這是老闆親口告訴我的,這個消息是絕對可靠的!
- --------
- Say, did you hear that Sally and Bob are going to get married.
- 喂,你聽說了沒有,薩利和鮑勃要結婚啦....
- Honest, I'm not joking. I heard it from Bob himself,...
- 我可不是開玩笑,我說的是實話.我是聽鮑勃自己講的,...
- so it's straight from the horse's mouth!
- 因此這消息是完全可靠的!
- --------